There's one week left to submit nominees to the province's 2023 Excellence in Agriculture program.
Launched in August, the initiative is designed to showcase outstanding achievement and innovation in the agriculture and agri-food sector.
This year, nominees will be recognized in 11 categories, including:
- Excellence in Food Processing
- Excellence in Research and Innovation
- Women’s Excellence
- Youth Excellence
- Excellence in Agri-Food Education
- Northern Business Excellence
- Indigenous-Owned Business or Community Excellence
- Farm Family Excellence
- Agri-Food Promotional Excellence
- Supply Chain Excellence
- Excellence in Agri-Food Talent Recruitment
“Ontario’s agriculture and food industry includes some of the most dedicated and innovative individuals provincewide,” said Lisa Thompson, minister of agriculture, food and rural affairs, in a news release.
“The Excellence in Agriculture Awards will give recognition to the people in these industries that go above and beyond, setting the standard and leading by example to ensure we can continue to Grow Ontario.”
Submissions will close on September 14. Winners will be announced during the Royal Agricultural Winter Fair, which will be held in Toronto in November.