Tourism Sault Ste. Marie recognized five recipients with its 2017 Tourism Awards.
“Every day, we get positive reviews and compliments from visitors, and it’s the great people and organizations in the tourism industry that are responsible for making our community the warm and welcoming place that it is,” said Ian McMillan, executive director of Tourism Sault Ste. Marie, in a news release.
“I congratulate this year’s award winners and thank them for their continued efforts in bolstering tourism in our city.”
The awards and their winners are listed below:
- Tourism Award of Excellence: Michael Wozny
- Business of the Year: Northern Superior Brewing Co.
- Customer Service Award: Savil “Popeye” Richards (Quattro Hotel & Conference Centre) and Philip Printess (Comfort Inn Sault Ste. Marie)
- Tourism Ambassador Award: Cathy Chlebus and Perry Vilaca, co-chairs of the 2016 World Under-17 Hockey Challenge
- Tourism SSM Student Culinary Management Award ($500 Scholarship): Christiana Paetzold
Tourism Sault Ste. Marie is a division of the Sault Ste. Marie Economic Development Corporation.