Six North Bay businesses were recognized by the North Bay & District Chamber of Commerce on Oct. 19.
The chamber held its Bell Evening of Excellence gala dinner during Canadore College Business Week 2017.
The winners announced in the six categories are:
- New Business of the Year: Sugar Daddy Cupcakes and Catering
- Not for Profit of the Year: North Bay Area Community Foundation
- Young Professional: Thomas Brown, Curvefront Digital Marketing
- Small Business of the Year (1-5 employees): Parkside Animal Hospital
- Small Business of the Year (6-15 employees): Burrows Country Store and Garden Centre
- Business of Year (16+ employees): Ontario Northland
“Business week isn’t only about supporting the local businesses. It’s a time to celebrate and encourage business successes,” chair Brad Gavan said in a press release.
“Behind every business in our region, there is a story worth knowing; we just wish we could celebrate all the nominees with awards, each and every day throughout the year. Small business (less than 100 employees) is an integral part of the economy as it makes up 98.2 per cent of all businesses in Canada.”