Timmins’ best and brightest in business were celebrated during the 2022 Nova Awards on May 12.
An initiative of the Timmins Chamber of Commerce, the event returned to an in-person format following two years of virtual events during the COVID-19 pandemic.
This also marked the Nova Awards’ 20th year anniversary.
Award winners include:
- BMT Insurance & Financial Services Business Contribution to the Community Award (1-5 Employees): Aston Wellness Clinic;
- The Venture Centre Business Contribution to the Community Award (6-10 Employees): First General Services Timmins;
- NorthernTel Business Contribution to the Community Award (11+ Employees): Royal Bank of Canada;
- FNETB Best Place to Work Award: Hard Rock Animal Hospital;
- Newmont Porcupine Young Leader Award: Joelle Charbonneau of Joelle’s Technical Resources & Custom Works Inc.;
- RBC Marketing Award: Steinberg & Mahn;
- National Bank Innovation Award: Rebel Soul;
- Northern College Service Excellence Award: The Movement Studio;
- Caisse Alliance New Business Award (Under 2 years): North Care Denture Design;
- TD Bank Group Business of the Year Award (1-5 Employees): Spa in the Woods;
- Scotiabank Business of the Year Award (6-10 Employees): Bright Spot Therapy Services Ltd.;
- Kidd Operations Business of the Year Award (11+ Employees): Airmaxx Plus Inc.;
- Agnico Eagle Indigenous Partnership Award: Five Nations Energy Inc.;
- City of Timmins Non-Profit Organization Award: Mount Jamieson Resort;
- OPG Lifetime Business Achievement Award: Tisdale Mechanical Contracting Ltd.; and
- The Chamber President’s Award: MNP LLP.
Launched in 1949, the Timmins Chamber of Commerce advocates for local business, in addition to hosting networking opportunities, sharing relevant information, and providing benefits through member programs.