The North Bay & District Chamber of Commerce celebrated the contributions of six local businesses during its annual awards gala on Nov. 18.
The winners per category are:
- New Business of the Year: One Red Maple
- Not-for-Profit of the Year: NECO Community Futures Development Corporation
- Young Professional of the Year: Kennedy Horton
- Small Business of the Year (1-5 employees): Adoro Olive Oils & Vinegars
- Small Business of the Year (6-15 employees): Cooper Equipment Rentals
- Business of the Year: Canadian Tire North Bay
- Betty Alcorn Memorial Award (director of the year): Kayode Olabisi
“This Evening of Excellence was extra special as we were able to celebrate the businesses and individuals who have demonstrated leadership, community involvement and success,” said Peter Chirico, the chamber’s president and CEO, in a news release.
“Considering what the business community has endured over the last two years, shining a spotlight on the nominees, winners and all businesses in our district was well deserved.”
In operation for more than 125 years, the North Bay & District Chamber of Commerce represents the interests of about 650 members from the local business community.