Sixteen awards were bestowed by the Timmins Chamber of Commerce during the 2017 Nova Business Excellence Awards.
The sold-out event was held at the McIntyre Arena on May 11.
“The recipients of tonight’s Nova Awards are tremendous examples of the unique talent and passion at the very heart of Timmins’ business community,” Chamber president Christine Bender said in a release.
“Their achievements are as impressive as they are inspirational, and clearly demonstrate why our entrepreneurs are in a class all their own.”
A list of the awards and the winners follows:
- Business Contribution to the Community (1-5 Employees): Tree Bandit
- Business Contribution to the Community (6-10 Employees): Northern Windows & Doors
- Business Contribution to the Community (11+ Employees): Fountain Tire
- Best Place to Work: Family Eye Care
- Young Professional Award (Under 40): Katelyn Malo, Black Spruce Gallery & Framing
- Marketing Award: Radical Gardens
- Productivity, Innovation & Diversification Award: NORMAP
- Service Excellence Award: Chic Baby & Kids
- New Business Award (Under 2 Years): The Working Class
- Business of the Year (1-5 Employees): Timmins Gracie Jiu-Jitsu and Muay Thai Academy
- Business of the Year (6-10 Employees): Rainville Health
- Business of the Year (11+ Employees): DJB Mining Products & Services Ltd.
- Indigenous Partnership Award: CreeQuest
- Non-Profit Organization Award: Timmins Festivals and Events Committee
- Lifetime Business Achievement Award: Mascioli Construction Co. Ltd.
- President’s Award: The Bucket Shop
A full list of the awards and their sponsors is available here.