Northern Ontario Heritage Fund Corp. recently announced a $1.2-million investment in a number of projects in the North Shore region. Projects include:
* Thessalon Sewage Lagoon Project Phase I - Town of Thessalon. The project will boost lagoon capacity.
* Boom Camp Marshy Bay Interpretive Park - Town of Blind River and Mississauga First Nation. The project will host 14 kilometres of trails and programs.
* Interpretative and Outdoor Adventure Trails - Township of the North Shore
* Shoreline Discovery Trail - Township of Shedden. The project will establish wildlife viewing and hiking facilities.
* Development of a Business Case for Algoma and Area Regional Trails
Sault Ste. Marie's Community Development Corp. is administering project management on behalf of 45 study partners in teaming up with CDCs from Superior East and East Algoma. The study will inventory existing trails and heritage attractions, develop market profiles and make recommendations to trails groups.
* Anishinabek/OntarioFisheries Resource Centre (A/OFRC) - Whitefish population Assessment of Huron and Lake Superior. Field work will be carried out within 12 First Nations communities.