This year’s Mining Health and Safety Conference in Sudbury will focus on leadership.
Hosted by Workplace Safety North, the three-day event will take place April 21-23. This year’s theme is Transforming Safety: New Leadership in the Digital Mine.
The conference features a variety of keynote speakers, technical sessions, an industry panel, and a tradeshow, in addition to an awards ceremony recognizing safety leaders in the industry.
This year’s featured speakers include:
- Drew Dudley, a leadership expert featured on TED Talks
- Helen Francis, president and CEO of YMCA of Northeastern Ontario
- Jim Lees, an intergenerational wellness specialist,
- Roy Slack, president of the Canadian Institute of Mining, Metallurgy and Petroleum;
- Dr. Bill Howatt, chief of research, workforce productivity at the Conference Board of Canada; and
- Dave Wilkin, founder of TenThousandCoffees.com, a social entrepreneur, and mentoring expert.
Registration is now open. Click here for more information.
Workplace Safety North is an independent, not-for-profit organization providing sector-based health and safety training and services for the mining and forest products industries, as well as for businesses across Northern Ontario.