The Invest North Bay Development Corporation has introduced a new Downtown Revitalization Committee.
“With this group, our board is very pleased to provide some additional focus on one of the key areas of our regional economy,” said George Burton, chair of Invest North Bay, in a release. “We are extremely confident that the slate of candidates will add value to our efforts aimed at improving our downtown core and the waterfront.”
According to a mandate letter between Invest North Bay and Downtown Inc., the committee is responsible for:
- Providing strategic leadership on the renewal and revitalization activities of Invest North Bay Development Corporation relating to improving the broader downtown core;
- Creating an annual list of strategic priorities and actions encompassing a multi-stakeholder approach to downtown and waterfront development;
- Identifying key metrics associated with achieving the approved goals of Downtown Inc. to ensure progress;
- Serving Invest North Bay Development Corporation as the unified voice of the stakeholders of the downtown with regards to the development of strategic plans and the activities supporting these plans;
- Providing bi-monthly reports, including budget requests, to Invest North Bay Development Corporation to measure progress against Invest North Bay Development Corporation-approved goals relating to downtown development; and
- Maintaining a focus on strategic level activities while gaining and providing insight to groups already in existence around operational issues.
“I’m very pleased and excited that such a dynamic group of professionals and entrepreneurs in our community that have come together to form Downtown Inc.,” said Burton. “Redefining the Downtown Community Improvement Plan boundaries of the waterfront and downtown is a leading example of just one recommendation coming forward from the committee to Invest North Bay.”
The broad-based committee of community members is led by two co-chairs and its mandate will be reviewed every two years.
Downtown Inc. committee members:
- Katie Bevan, The FARM
- Shawn Chorney, Canadore College*
- Holly Cunningham, Near North Media Lab
- John Demeis, Descon Group
- Timothy Hutchison, Hutchison Insurance
- Rob Jamieson, Century 21 Blue Sky Region Realty Inc.
- Nathan Jensen, Mitchell Jensen Architects
- Jake Lacourse, Kennedy Insurance
- John Lechlitner, Cecil’s Brewhouse and Kitchen
- Brad Minogue, Coldwell Banker Peter Minogue Real Estate Brokerage
- Geoff Richardson, Downtown Improvement Area
- Sohail Rouhani, RE/MAX Legend Real Estate Inc.*
- Darryl Vaillancourt, Invest North Bay Development Corporation
The Invest North Bay Development Corporation helps foster an environment that supports long-term economic and community growth by focussing on municipal innovation and making North Bay an attractive place to invest and do business.