Seven North Bay-area businesses were celebrated for their work during the annual awards gala hosted by the North Bay & District Chamber of Commerce.
The Bell Evening of Excellence was held on Oct. 17 at the city’s Davedi Club.
“The Evening of Excellence is a special event as we celebrate the businesses and individuals who have demonstrated leadership, community involvement and success,” said Donna Backer, Chamber president and CEO, in a news release.
“Shining a spotlight on the nominees, winners and all businesses in our district is well deserved and appreciated.”
The winners are:
- New Business of the Year (Small): Hello Darlene
- New Business of the Year (Large): Cascades Casino North Bay
- Not-for-Profit of the Year: Les Compagnons des francs loisirs
- Young Professional of the Year: Tealia Carriere, Tickled Teals Entertainment
- Small Business of the Year (1-5 employees): Le Voyageur Inn
- Small Business of the Year (6-15 employees): Jim’s Locksmithing
- Business of the Year (16+ employees): Bay Roofing and Exteriors
Additionally, the Chamber awarded the Betty Alcorn Memorial Award for Director of the Year to Carrie Girard, who “has exemplified dedication and diligence to the board, with taking the lead on governance,” the Chamber said.
“Carrie has been instrumental in assisting to modernize our governance and by-laws, has a forward-thinking perspective to grow our Chamber to help our members, and we look forward to her future contributions,” said Backer.
Founded in 1894, the North Bay & District Chamber of Commerce represents the interests of North Bay’s business community, through advocacy, networking, information sharing and member programs.